Tuesday 15 March 2011

Patronus


I've been taking a knitting break for a couple of weeks and have been using the time to try out a few new crafty techniques. (Fear not, I've just picked up the knitting needles again and will be making more toys soon). I've been wanting to knit a doe patronus for ages but have had problems working out how to knit and purl those elegant legs - knitting is well-suited to cuddly and chunky, but thin and elegant is more problematic. So, until I can get my head round that, here's a cross stitch doe patronus, worked on black aida fabric.

It's not for sale (because a) it took too long and b) I like it, so it's sitting on top of my piano at the moment) but if anyone fancies making one for themselves I can email you the pattern for the deer motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment